How can we help you?
Littleberry Grants Development provides a full range of development services for all schools, complex area offices and departments of the State of Hawaii Department of Education. Our grant development work covers everything from brainstorming with you and your colleagues to writing compelling proposals, to crafting a development plan collaboratively with school personnel and working with staff to thank grantmakers. Our aim is to assist you with turning strategic goals into impactful reality.
Program / Project Design
Our team will work with you and your colleagues to identify solutions for clearly stated problems and structure them in a way that makes the implementable. Appropriate project strategies will be defined and selected. Then, if needed, the project will be summaried in a results framework with a performance monitoring plan or a logic model/logical framework with a monitoring and evaluation plan.
Grant Prospect Research
The Littleberry Grants Development Team will research and identify foundations and funding opportunities that align with your program’s mission and goals. Our team will help draft your grant calendar and grant strategy.
Working closely with you and your staff, we complete your grant application, proposal, and/or letter of inquiry. We’ll ensure it’s thorough and competitive.
Federal and State Grants
In a close partnership with your team, we lead the writing and submission of highly technical and involved government grants. After that, we ensure your narrative is strong. Finally, we verify that your entire application package meets the rigorous standards laid out by the agency.
Budgets and Budget Narratives
The Budget Narrative is the justification of ‘how’ and/or ‘why’ a line item helps to meet the program deliverables. Our team will work with you and your staff to craft a budget narrative which will explain how specific line items in the budget will come together to contribute to an overall objective – or set of objectives.
Our grant development services include the following (please note that this list is not exhaustive):
- Program Evaluation Plans. Our plans leverage our considerable program evaluation skillset and give you a competitive edge in the grant-seeking process, including logic model development, theory of change approaches, and rigorous impact evaluations.
- Case for Support. We will develop, draft, maintain, and update a Case for Support on behalf of your school or department to be used as a resource for grant applications and associated activities.
- Proofreading and Editing. We proofread your grant proposals before you submit them, making sure your message is clear and that you’ve followed the grantmaker’s instructions. A second set of eyes on your proposal is always important.
- Grant Proposal Review. Our team will review your completed proposal prior to submission. We proofread it, making sure it matches the funding guidelines. We then score the proposal, identify weaknesses, and make suggestions.
- Mock Grant Review. Our team will coordinate a mock review prior to finalizing an application for submission. You will receive critical feedback to increase the competitiveness of your application.
- Submit Applications. We will submit a final application on your behalf by the stated deadline, if appropriate; if you are required to submit the application, we will provide assistance in timely submission if requested.
- Status and Tracking. Our team will track the progress status of all applications from identification through award or rejection.
- Grants Training. Our programs help you and your staff develop winning grants on their own, including beginning and advanced grant-writing and interactive workshops, and webinars on grant-related topics.
- Grant Team Launch. Our team will help you establish or expand your grant team. We will also help you create a shared grant calendar and strategy to become successful.
Grant writing services for HIDOE do not include program implementation, administration or reporting.
Types of Projects
- staff development
- books and materials
- science labs
- anti-bullying programs
- playground equipment
- mentoring programs
- building renovations
- field trips
- curriculum development
- kitchen equipment
- summer programs
- remedial programs
- parent involvement
- arts & culture
- preschool & early childhood
- alternative education
- dual credit
- classroom projects
- remote learning
- PPE & cleaning supplies
- support personnel
- tablets, laptops, etc.
- special education
- gifted and talented
- college & career readiness
- and more